Before manufacturing any product the first thing in a manufacturer’s mind is its usability and quality of the product – in short customer satisfaction.
Production of spandex is no easy task and to ensure that the quality is maintained is not every body’s cup of tea. So, every person involved in the production of spandex yarn has to be well aware about how the entire process of spandex yarn manufacturing works and how to control it to achieve the required high quality yarn.
Spandex yarn quality is mainly checked by checking the below properties and comparing them to the required standards:
Click here to know more on topic Properties Checked To Ensure Quality Spandex
Compression wear garments are: piece of garment / clothing which fits tightly and exerts pressure around the area worn on, mainly for medical, body shaping and sports purposes. They are generally used to provide health benefits, such as shaping the body, supporting healing after medical procedures and to provide support for people who have to stand for longer periods of time, it also aids in increasing the circulation of blood.
Now-days compression garments have evolved and are used in combination with various athletic sports-wears, in order to provide compression on the muscles to increase the blood flow, which in turn improves performance and reduces the risk of muscle or tissue injuries like chafing and rashes etc. widely faced by sportsmen and at the end also accelerates muscle recovery during and after the activity/exercise.
There are various types of compression wear having required pressure range of mainly between 5-30 mmHg. Most commonly compression garments are made from Spandex fibre. Spandex fibre due to its high stretch, recovery and tensile properties proves to be a suitable match for construction of compression garments and are directly related to compression effectiveness. Apart from spandex fibre/ elastomeric fibre in the core construction, the engineering of the compression garments is mainly formed by stretchable structures to achieve the optimum/required stretch and compression.
Other fibres used along with spandex are: nylon, cotton, and polyester. The various types of compression garments apart from core spun ones are, knitted fabric compression garments and spandex platted cotton fabric compression garments.
Manufacturing Core Spun yarn is no easy task. Every detail has to be kept in strict check throughout the process on ring frame to manufacture quality Core Spun Yarn. So, how using INVIYA® spandex does helps in making this process a bit easier is given as below.
- INVIYA® easily runs on various drafts and has a wide draft range for running on ring frame
- All the spools of INVIYA® have uniform run-ability, which ensures that you get the same quality from start to end of a particular spool
- We have made sure that INVIYA® spandex has controlled/ reduced lapping behavior to maintain the utmost quality of the final required yarn
- INVIYA® has the ability to run at high speed on ring frame without causing breakages, thus increasing the efficiency
After Core Spun yarn is made, mainly woven fabric is made out of this yarn. So, at Indorama Industries Limited we keep in check the various quality requirements for the quality fabric to be produced from Core Spun yarn which is infused with INVIYA®, some of these key quality checks are mentioned below:
- Balanced load and unload power of INVIYA® ensures that the stretch and recovery in finished fabric is maintained
- INVIYA® spandex can hold up to high heat set temperature applied during heat setting process on different Stenters without affecting it’s properties
- INVIYA®’s robust nature helps in keeping its properties intact even after several rigorous processes and washes by which a fabric goes during the processing stage