The major defects in Knitted fabrics be it flat knit or circular knit are as below:
7. Spandex Jump
8. Spandex miss
Barre is a defect observed in widthwise direction, broad in nature with equal interval over length of fabric
• High Yarn Tension
• Count Variation
• Mixing of the yarn lots
• Package hardness variation
• Ensure uniform Yarn Tension on all the feeders.
• The yarn count CV. should be less than 1.2
• Ensure that the yarn being used for Knitting is of the same lot
• Ensure that the hardness of all the yarn packages is uniform using a hardness tester.
Streaks as the name suggests are horizontal line which appear in fabric, they are irregularly spaced and can be of various sizes
• Faulty winding of the yarn packages.
• Yarn running out of the belt on the Pulley
Read more about DEFECTS OF CIRCULAR KNIT FABRIC AND THEIR REMEDIES