Just like any other yarn, Air Covered Yarn also experiences some faults which are caused mainly by two issues – Positional Faults and General Faults. Below are some of the faults that are seen in Air Covered Yarn.
- Positional causes:
- Damaged/worn guides
- Dirty heaters
- Damaged friction discs
- Waste on feed rollers/bowl
- Mechanical damage to supply yarn
- General Causes:
- Draw ratio too high
- Heater temperature too high
- Speed ratio too high
- D/Y ratio too low
- Supply type/finish unsuitable
Click here to read more on the topic Air Covered Yarn – Faults And Diagnosis
Package winding conditions in Air Covered Yarn, should be kept in check to ensure resulting end package is optimum and as per quality standards. These conditions should be kept in control throughout entire Air covered yarn manufacturing process; any slight change in any one of these conditions at any given instant of the process will lead to variation in the end package, which may either result in faults in package or undesirable package hardness.
The package winding variables which are to be kept in constant check are as below:
- Take-up overfeed,
- Traverse speed,
- Axial/radial disturbance,
- Taper angle and
- Oil roller speed
Click here to know more about Package Winding Conditions Of ACY Yarn
The fashion industry is ever-growing, and new changes are made every day in the trends. The most noticeable changes are, however, at the bottom level; i.e., the yarn. The yarn forms the basis of the texture, strength and durability of the fabric that is manufactured by textile companies. Research in this sector, aims to develop technologies to help make yarns more durable and comfortable.
Amongst other technologies, the Air Spun Yarn is the most noticeable. This is set to revolutionize the future of clothing. Are you wondering why? Read on its features to find out:
• Spandex core: The textile companies in India use Spandex as core of the Air covered yarn. Upon a spandex core, multiple strands of fiber are spun through air jets.
• Exceptional softness: The core yarn (Spandex) is intermingled with another filament yarn like nylon or polyester, using compressed air and wound straight in the spool; giving them a powdery appearance and exceptional softness.
• Most comfortable: With its exceptional softness and light weight, the Air Covered yarn is used in manufacturing comfortable dressing and products like under garments.
• Strength: The Air covered yarn has more strength and durability than the conventional yarn, making it suitable for manufacturing clothing that lasts longer.
• Smoothness of Fabric: The Air covered yarn is twisted harder, giving it amazing evenness. The fabric manufactured from this yarn is hence a lot smoother.
• Lower energy and space needs: It is claimed that the air spun technology consumes less energy per kilogram of produced yarn than other spinning processes. Space needs are 25 percent less than the other methods for the same weight of yarn produced.
It is because of the Air covered yarn being so versatile and efficient that many textile companies in India are manufacturing fabric and clothing from the Air Covered yarn more than the conventionally spun yarn. The fact that it is durable and strong is an added benefit to both the consumers and the producer.
Go ahead, change the way you style with Air covered yarn!