Manufacturing Core Spun yarn is no easy task. Every detail has to be kept in strict check throughout the process on ring frame to manufacture quality Core Spun Yarn. So, how using INVIYA® spandex does helps in making this process a bit easier is given as below.
- INVIYA® easily runs on various drafts and has a wide draft range for running on ring frame
- All the spools of INVIYA® have uniform run-ability, which ensures that you get the same quality from start to end of a particular spool
- We have made sure that INVIYA® spandex has controlled/ reduced lapping behavior to maintain the utmost quality of the final required yarn
- INVIYA® has the ability to run at high speed on ring frame without causing breakages, thus increasing the efficiency
After Core Spun yarn is made, mainly woven fabric is made out of this yarn. So, at Indorama Industries Limited we keep in check the various quality requirements for the quality fabric to be produced from Core Spun yarn which is infused with INVIYA®, some of these key quality checks are mentioned below:
- Balanced load and unload power of INVIYA® ensures that the stretch and recovery in finished fabric is maintained
- INVIYA® spandex can hold up to high heat set temperature applied during heat setting process on different Stenters without affecting it’s properties
- INVIYA®’s robust nature helps in keeping its properties intact even after several rigorous processes and washes by which a fabric goes during the processing stage
- Grin-Through — This defect is an incomplete covering of the core of spandex and is caused by improper positioning of the core with respect to roving.
- Short core voids — This defect comes in short sections (25 to 75 mm) of yarns with no stretch because the core broke after the yarn was spun. This may happen due to poor positioning of spandex yarn to roving, over-drafting of core yarn (use recommended drafts), poor mechanical condition of rings, excessive traveller speed, and too heavy traveller
- Long core voids — It is long section of yarn with core missing. This defect may arise due to nicked or rough guide surfaces, back drafting of spandex on the tube resulting from insufficient feed-roll contact, over drafting of core yarn and mishandling of spandex supply tubes
- Sheath Voids — The causes of this defect are breaks in roving during drafting, over drafting of roving, poor quality roving, improper position of roving allowing pneumafil to rub staple fibres and worn cots, aprons
- Selvedge curling — the selvedge of the fabric gets curled because of the yarn behavior and low weave strength of the selvedge.
- Holes in the fabric — this defect arises due to; low yarn TM (twist multiplier), strong finishing treatments (which may abrade the surface of the yarn), splice failure (low splice strength)
- Spandex miss – this is caused mainly due to splice failure and due to broken spandex (caused by surface damage)
- Cloudy fabric appearance: caused due to high short term count variations even though the average count is within the acceptable limits.
While each trend brings along a new colour, Yarn seems to occupy the centre stage by shaping the look and transforming a fashion statement. With the Core Spun Yarn replacing the conventional fibre, we answer the know how’s of the more dramatic fibre.
What is Core Spun Yarn?
Core spun yarn or ‘poly core’ is created by wrapping or twisting a secondary yarn around a base yarn, where usually central filament core is made of polyester for the extra strength. Its structure consists of Core and sheath where the core adds to the strength, life and elasticity of the fabric.
Why is it gaining popularity?
It is 40% to 50% stronger than normally spun yarn of the same weight offering higher tenacity along with superior abrasion resistance & durability.
Can be used in both manual and automatic machines with minimum interruptions i.e. fewer re-stitched seams, minimizing seam Failure.
When wet, the sheath expands, and while stitching it fills the stitch holes, creating a waterproof seal. This property is makes it best for weatherproof covers and sails, along with boots, greatcoats, jackets and tents. Also, when it is passed through the sewing machine needles at a high speed, while the temperature is high enough to melt the core, its cotton sheath prevents melting.
INVIYA with its range of freedom fibre offers INTIMATE wear, ACTIVE wear; FASHION wear and SWIM wear products with this magical fibre. While it promises the comfort along with new age fashion, the brand promises to have something amazing for everyone checking out the collection. Be it the fabric or the trending colours, style with comfort is the most sought after combination which would never go out of vogue!
One of the most important factor of active clothing is that it should be equipped with adequate stretch. Hence, Inviya, a leading Indian Filament Yarn Manufacturer is constantly working out to develop high quality Inviya Stretch fibre which can empower athletes and fitness freaks with superior comfort and performance. If you are someone who love the old school way of working out in baggy pants and loose t-shirts, here are some reasons why you should finally switch to clothes that stretch.
- As a material, spandex has a unique multi-dimensional stability. This property helps people to move as freely as they would like to without being restricted by the clothes. In India, Inviya stretch fibre is the preffered choice among clothing manufacturers for any active wear range.
2.Any leading Indian filament yarn manufacturer would vouch for the fact that the moisture wicking and sweat absorbent property of spandex yarn is better than all other fibres in town. This property also enhances productivity by keeping the person fresh and active all through out the exercise session.
3.Spandex yarns like Inviya Stretch Fibre also helps to keep your clothes long and strong even after regular and repeated usage. It is resistant to the harmful effects of detergents and hence dont get damaged even after regular washing.
Hence, invest on the right kind of clothes while gymming and working out and watch productivity flowing in from all corners.