- Grin-Through — This defect is an incomplete covering of the core of spandex and is caused by improper positioning of the core with respect to roving.
- Short core voids — This defect comes in short sections (25 to 75 mm) of yarns with no stretch because the core broke after the yarn was spun. This may happen due to poor positioning of spandex yarn to roving, over-drafting of core yarn (use recommended drafts), poor mechanical condition of rings, excessive traveller speed, and too heavy traveller
- Long core voids — It is long section of yarn with core missing. This defect may arise due to nicked or rough guide surfaces, back drafting of spandex on the tube resulting from insufficient feed-roll contact, over drafting of core yarn and mishandling of spandex supply tubes
- Sheath Voids — The causes of this defect are breaks in roving during drafting, over drafting of roving, poor quality roving, improper position of roving allowing pneumafil to rub staple fibres and worn cots, aprons
- Selvedge curling — the selvedge of the fabric gets curled because of the yarn behavior and low weave strength of the selvedge.
- Holes in the fabric — this defect arises due to; low yarn TM (twist multiplier), strong finishing treatments (which may abrade the surface of the yarn), splice failure (low splice strength)
- Spandex miss – this is caused mainly due to splice failure and due to broken spandex (caused by surface damage)
- Cloudy fabric appearance: caused due to high short term count variations even though the average count is within the acceptable limits.
The woven and denim garment in general has almost nil stretch making the garment less comfortable and rigid as compared to knit garments, whereas knit garment has a property of de-shaping over a period of use making it less attractive and more prone to deforming as compared to woven garments.
By adding INVIYA® – bare spandex to both woven and knit category of fabrics, woven and denim garments become stretchable and knit garments retains its shape with longer period of use, thus adding value to the entire range of garments.
The entire notion of adding bare spandex to the core yarn of a fabric is to enhance the below properties of the final fabric:
- Drape – gives good drape
- Good Stretch recovery
- Wrinkle resistance
With the more active lifestyle and changing requirement in everyday life it is required more than ever to have a fabric which will not only compliment these conditions but also enhances our daily experience of clothing.
Introduction of stretch in fabric has taken a new turn with different variants of bare spandex yarn used. For example: to make fabric Chlorine resistant – we use chlorine resistant spandex in core so that it doesn’t deteriorate with prolonged exposure to water, scented/ anti-odor bare spandex is used to eliminate any kind of odor produced by prolonged use of the end garment in high physical activity etc.
Thus, use of spandex in core of the fabric has not only made the fabrics we use more compatible to our daily lifestyle but in many ways enhanced the way we live in 21st century.
Source Code: https://www.inviya.com/blog/concept-of-stretch-in-fabric/
With a belief that a new start to the year deserves a new dress, party owls are all set to begin their hunt for the perfect dress to welcome the New Year in style. If you too are oblivious of the dress styles that are hogging the limelight this season and would be the perfect fit on your body, you might wanna scroll through our top picks of the season for a little inspiration.
A delicate lace dress accented with chic detailing not only makes you look festive, but actually makes you feel so. The spandex fiber-infused built of the dress makes it fit like a glove without breaking off the delicate threads that make up its exquisite details. Adding femininity and sophistication without going over-the-top is not that difficult, after all!
Nothing seems more flattering than a dress that traces the gentle curves on the body while making a statement, and a stretch Bodycon dress gives you just that! If a little tummy is what’s keeping you from trying out this diva among dresses, go for dark colours as they direct the focus away from the belly.
If you are in search of the easiest way to look effortlessly glamorous, then look no beyond! That’s because hosiery qualifies among the most comfy fabrics, thanks to its stretch quality. It even helps you sport a form-fitting fit. The dresses made with hosiery yarn have a way of standing out among the crowd without making it look like you’re trying too hard.
Trends sure change year after year, but one thing that shouldn’t, is your unique style. Just make sure that the dress you choose is endowed with the gift of stretchy spandex fiber if you won’t mind some extra comfort while looking like a dream!
New year is just round the corner and the party invitations are flooding in. At a time like this, when searching for the perfect dress that would suit the occasion becomes a hassle, stop yourself from giving in to the temptation of wearing the first disco dress that you lay your eyes upon and scroll down for some quick tips.
Whether you are a host of a house party or crashing down at a friend’s place to welcome the year, a casual party is where you can let your guard down and do what your heart desires. No worries if you wanna go dressy, too casual, or too bold, just make sure that you stay confident in your own skin and carry your outfit in style so that you can enjoy the party to the fullest.
Before you take out that leopard print dress forged from polyster stretch yarn or that low cut stretch spandex dress, remember that even if it’s a “party”, it is still a part of work. To suit the occasion, go for bold colors and if you wish to wear a short length dress, make sure it is atleast knee-length. Be at your best behaviour and let your personality shine through!